Shoulda Said

Thursday, December 19, 2002

First weblog entry...rock on.
I saw The Two Towers tonight. Man. That was a cool movie. I think I was one of the few people in my group who had not read the books, so it was tough to keep up in a conversation after the movie was over. All I really got out of it was that Gollum was slimy-looking because he's old. Everything else was pretty self-evident. The special effects in these movies are incredible. I can't even begin to fathom the budget that goes into making them, but it all pays off when you view the final project. I hope this breaks some kind of money record, because it deserves it. Also, two or three people have already asked me if this movie is better than the original. It's impossible to make that call. They are like two of the same thing. The whole trilogy is like one giant nine-hour movie, so it's like judging individual parts of the same thing. It's equivalent to asking someone if one episode of a soap opera is better than another. Anyway, the moral of the story is, the movie was awesome. Go see it.
Also, I played Cranium for the first time tonight. That, too, is fun. Give it a whirl. I think I've typed enough. Expect these paragraphs every time I watch a new movie, see? Like anyone will read this anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home