Shoulda Said

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Alright Dan, you talked me into it:

100 Things About Steve

1.) I was born on September 1st, 1981 at 12:18 a.m.
2.) I was born at John F. Kennedy Hospital in Stafford, NJ.
3.) My mom saved the blanket from the hospital, as well as the newspaper from the day I was born.
4.) I grew up in Cherry Hill, NJ, in the southern part of the state.
5.) There was a diner in Cherry Hill named "Olga's Diner" that I always wanted to eat at, for some reason.
6.) My middle name is Edward.
7.) If I ever get famous, I think a cool stage name would be Jake Stevens.
8.) We had a black and white dog named Mandy when I was growing up.
9.) My sister was born on April 10th, 1984.
10.) I have a hard time choosing what my favorite food is, but I think right now that it is anything Mexican.
11.) I believe that there should be a chicken in every pot, unless you are vegetarian, in which case you should get a soy chicken.
12.) I started kindergarten early.
13.) I was in the gifted and talented program starting in first grade up until I graduated from high school.
14.) Jobs I have wanted over the course of my life, in no particular order: lawyer, mountain climber, cartoonist, stand up comedian, taxi driver, improv comedian, screenwriter, taste tester, director, stage technician, cameraman
15.) Jobs I have had over the course of my life, in no particular order: office assistant, restaurant host, warehouse odd job guy, stage technician (I got one!), fast food worker, police cadet, camp counselor, moon bounce operator (seriously)
16.) My favorite store in the world is Best Buy.
17.) I've been to the Gesundheit! Institute in West Virginia twice, and would like to go back for a third time.
18.) When I was in high school, I used to sneak into my dad's closet and steal any of his shirts that looked cool (I still have most of them).
19.) My best friend in elementary school was Matt Powell, who moved to Georgia right before eighth grade.
20.) I have a scar on my right leg from falling out of a tree and catching my leg on a sharp branch (it went through to the bone).
21.) I feel naked without a watch on.
22.) I used to have a calculator watch, and I was really jealous of the people who had watches with remote controls on them.
23.) Pirates never fail to make me laugh.
24.) I'm allergic to poison ivy.
25.) I'm highly allergic to cats.
26.) As far as I know, those are my only two allergies.
27.) I wish I had chosen a more useful major in college, SMAD is total bullshit.
28.) I own 60-something DVDs.
29.) My favorite comic strip is a tie between Calvin and Hobbes and Far Side, as far as I'm concerned nothing even comes close to these two.
30.) I was in the B'nai B'rith Youth Organization in high school (BBYO).
31.) I was, in order, my chapter's secretary, vice president, northern Virginia vice president, and northern Virginia president.
32.) I skip class way more often than I should.
33.) I have a weird tendency to wake up about fifteen minuts before my alarm clock.
34.) My first kiss was sophomore year of high school at a youth group retreat, and the sad thing is that I don't even remember her name.
35.) I like South of the Border, in SC, even though it's a massive tourist trap.
36.) I will ride any ride at an amusement park, and roller coasters are far and away my favorite.
37.) I wanted to transfer schools for my entire freshman year of college.
38.) I am a member of Alpha Phi Omega, a nation-wide co-educational community service fraternity.
39.) I was vice president of said fraternity last year.
40.) For two summers, I was in an improv group in northern Virginia called the Foggy Bottom Boys.
41.) I have yet to actually visit Foggy Bottom, the metro stop where we got the name.
42.) Sophomore year, I hid Caitie Meehan's stuffed bear in her room, and I don't think I ever apologized (sorry, pup!).
43.) Caitie and I call each other "puppa" (I forget how that came to be).
44.) I don't really like acting because I'm horrible at memorizing lines.
45.) The funniest book I've ever read was Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart.
46.) I don't understand why some people feel that the question "what is your favorite color?" signifies anything about your personality.
47.) My favorite band is Guster.
48.) My favorite individual artist is Ben Folds.
49.) I just got an e-mail confirming that I have a summer job at the synagogue I worked at last summer.
50.) Speaking of synagogues, I'm Jewish.
51.) I was raised in a conservative temple, but I work at a reform synagogue, and I like reform Judaism much better.
52.) I could care less if I marry a Jewish girl, but it would be nice.
53.) I'm pretty liberal in my political beliefs.
54.) I really don't understand why some people are so close minded when it comes to things like religion and politics, since we are taught from an early age that open discussion and democracy are what this country is founded on.
55.) My favorite thing to eat on campus is the chicken wrap at PC Dukes.
56.) My favorite place to eat off campus is Spanky's.
57.) I've eaten an entire pizza in one sitting before.
58.) I like hot and spicy food.
59.) I live with my mom (Laura), my sister (Erica), and our dog (Ginger).
60.) We moved to Alexandria the year I graduated from HS, before that we lived in Springfield, VA, one town over.
61.) I went to West Springfield High School.
62.) I was suspended twice, but I won't go into the details on my website.
63.) I was also on probation for a year, but again, no details.
64.) I was a techie in high school, and I actually got paid $10 an hour for working theater activities on the weekends.
65.) I used to climb around in the ceilings and walls of our theater instead of doing work during class.
66.) A few friends and I set up an altar complete with chicken bones, fake blood, and weird writing underneath the stage, to see if we could scare anyone.
67.) One time I slipped while climbing in the rafters over the auditorium, and almost stepped through a ceiling tile 40 feet over a live show.
68.) I haven't got a single favorite movie, but I have a long list of my favorites.
69.) Like Dan, the first CD I ever bought was Big Ones, by Aerosmith, but I also got Weezer and the Wayne's World 2 soundtrack at the same time.
70.) I got my first CD player at my bar mitzvah.
71.) My bar mitzvah was on September 10, 1994, at the Springfield Hilton.
72.) All but maybe four of my friends from high school went on to join fraternities and sororities in college.
73.) My friends and I used to steal silverware from every restaurant we went to.
74.) Those same friends and I stole a soddering iron from the theater and made a giant bent silverware sculpture.
75.) One time, and I'm not very proud of this, I stole the bell from a Salvation Army worker who was using the bathroom (I'm a horrible person).
76.) I'm pretty callous about most things, I don't get emotional.
77.) However, I'm a sucker for tearjerker endings of movies, I have no idea why (it's embarrassing, but I get a lump in my throat any time I watch the last scene of Little Giants).
78.) I don't think we should be at war right now.
79.) I started this website over winter break because I was really really bored.
80.) I think that the singular most evil thing that the human race has done was to invent icebreakers. I HATE them. You don't really meet anyone that way.
81.) I tried out for all the a cappella groups on campus my freshman and sophomore years, but I only made it to callbacks.
82.) I auditioned for New and Improv'd my freshman year, but only made it to callbacks.
83.) I got into N+I last year.
84.) I'm the director of the group now, which means I'm in charge of notes and set lists and whatnot.
85.) When I was a kid, my favorite glass to drink out of was one that had a lot of Smurfs on it.
86.) My favorite cartoon as a child was a toss up between the Shirt Tales and the Justice League.
87.) I carry around five little Snorks in my backpack that I got from McDonald's happy meals back in the 80s.
88.) I liked the California Raisins claymation specials a lot.
89.) I've always wanted to be in a band.
90.) I've played the guitar since eighth grade, when I gave up French horn lessons.
91.) I used to take tae kwon do lessons, but I gave up after getting my yellow belt.
92.) I think classical guitar music is really cool (music played with a classical guitar, not classical music).
93.) Art has never fascinated me, I just don't appreciate it.
94.) I play way too many video games for a guy my age.
95.) I read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy over winter break.
96.) I started shaving in the sixth grade.
97.) I have an above average IQ, according to four separate IQ tests that I have taken.
98.) My nickname in my youth group was Pinto, which I got from the movie Animal House.
99.) I used to be a safety patrol in elementary school.
100.) I typed this entire list in just over an hour.

There we go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home