Shoulda Said

Friday, January 03, 2003

I think my favorite part of late night TV is the infomercials. It's amazing how hard everyday tasks look when they are filmed in black and white. I'm watching a commercial now for some pasta-straining pot. I'm not sure, I don't make all that much pasta, but I've never had a miserable time getting the water out of the pot. It seems like you tip the pot on it's side and pour the contents of said pot into a strainer until no fluid is left. Simple. I think the problem with these infomercials is that they hire completely inept people to do the remedial tasks. People should not moan and wipe perspiration from their brow while removing a jar lid, buffing a scratch out of their side car door, or getting a grass stain out of their jeans. Is it just me, or do you think the actors are slightly fucked-up to begin with, too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home