Shoulda Said

Saturday, January 18, 2003

Man, this site is turning into a regular playground for me to complain about my political views lately. Now, given, I'm not very current on the news. I read CNN.com at least two or three times a day, but that's about it. However, I don't think it takes much reading to discover that the war with Iraq is a sham. It seems that the Bush administration is using anything it can get it's grubby little paws on as kindling to start a fire under our asses and make us want to fight. Come on, seriously. Twelve empty chemical warheads are not "troubling and serious" in my book. Could it possibly be that Iraq, like the United States, has leftover weapons in their country? Just because the U.S. is the world's biggest superpower doesn't give us the right to tell other countries if they can or can't keep their junk lying around. I mean, the warheads were empty. The goal was to get Iraq to de-arm themselves, and I'd say empty warheads are just about as de-armed as you can be. Would Bush like Saddam to melt the warheads down into oil rigs before he is happy? Because seriously, let's face it, our nation may be going to war because some of Bush's drinking buddies are going to lose money on middle Eastern oil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home