Shoulda Said

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

I haven't been posting as regularly as I should be. I guess I just didn't have much to say. Well, now I do.
As some of you may know, my car is on it's last legs. Biggest problem: it smells like gas, constantly. My mechanic back home, who I trusted (oooh, foreshadowing!), told me that, after replacing my oil gasket for a fair sum of money, that that didn't fix anything, and my car smells like gas because the exhaust pipes are about to go. He then recommended that he replace them, for $700. Right. I figured, as long as my car lasts until I graduate, I can either buy a new one with graduate discounts or maybe I won't need one, if I move to Chicago. Anyway, the plot thickens. I took my car in to get an oil change today. After a ten minute oil check, the mechanic comes out and says "do you realize you have a cracked hose in your motor?" I, of course, do not, because I assume my mechanic back home, who I trusted until that very moment, would have noticed something like this and mentioned it. The mechanic says, "you should get this repaired". I go to the local Volkswagon repairman, who tells me that this hose has been breaking a lot lately, and causes the car to smell like exhaust. He then tells me that he can have the part by tomorrow, and the whole thing will cost maybe $35. At this point, I have to assume one of three things. Either A.) my mechanic back home is a jerkoff who wanted to steal my money, B.) my mechanic back home isn't very bright, and both missed this hose and overestimated the problem with the exhaust system, or C.) some combination of the above. Either way, my mechanic is a stupid fuck. I don't think I want a car after I graduate. It's way too much hassle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home