Shoulda Said

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Carbon Leaf ROCKS!!!

Tonight's show was incredible. Chalk another one up to my top ten list. Here's the set list.

First off, let me just say that Jump Little Children was WAY better than last time I saw them. I think I might just have to go download some of their songs.

I don't know all of the Carbon Leaf songs, so I'll only comment on one's that stood out in my mind.

American Tale

A Life Less Ordinary An awesome new song. If all the tracks on the new CD are like this and Raise the Roof (coming up later), I'm pumped.

Wandrin' Around Who doesn't like this song?

Shine Barry is awesome. That comment goes for all of these songs. Also, so is the rest of the band.

For Your Violin The more instruments, the better.

Torn and Tattered A great song to interpretive dance to, apparently.

On Any Given Day One of my favorites. So good, it defies logic.

Seven Brides for Seven Sinners My new favorite. This is everything that is good about the band summed up in one song.

The Boxer I have to admit, I like this song better with the bells, but it still rocks.

Mari Mac Better than sex.

Gloryland I really like a cappella spiritual music. This song had a nice O Brother, Where Art Thou? feel to it.

Raise the Roof Man, this next CD is going to kick so much ass.

Desperation Song The last CD kicked ass, too. In case I haven't gotten the point across, Carbon Leaf kicks ass.

Galway Girl I liked this one a lot, but I'd never heard it before.

Sloop John B/Home Sloop John B is probably my least favorite Beach Boys song ever, but Home is one of my favorite Carbon Leaf songs ever. This made for a horrible paradox in my head which inevitably led to massive neural bleeding and eventual loss of motor functions. It was very entertaining to those around me.

What About Everything? Another new one (correct me if I'm wrong...). Like I said, this new CD will be the best ever.

ENCORE:

Reunion Monticello An old song. I'd never heard it.

Paloma

Crazy Train An awesome closer.

Man, this show was like God's own jukebox. Go see Carbon Leaf, for the love of all things good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home