Shoulda Said

Thursday, November 06, 2003

About a Boy

So like I mentioned back on my old website, I'm on a big Nick Hornby kick lately. I read High Fidelity and liked it so much I bumped it up into favorite book status. I wasn't too keen on that movie, however, mostly because I find John Cusack to be annoying. Then I read About a Boy, and I actually liked that movie better, but the book was still good. I think the movie just had a more satisfying (or happy) ending. Now I'm in the middle of reading How to Be Good, and thus far, it's very entertaining. I think that may be his most recent book, so I'm going to need a list of what to move onto next. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

  • Actually, his most recent is called Songbook. I haven't read it, so I can't tell you if it's any good. But if you need recommendations ... how do you feel about Chuck Palahniuk? Grainy? Squishy? Mauve?
    11/06/2003 05:13:31 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

  • After I finish up with Hornby, Palahniuk was next on my list. I checked three of his books out of the library. Jess, it's like you're reading my mind. Are you? And if so, can you teacah me? I've always wanted to learn how.
    11/06/2003 06:10:42 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home