Shoulda Said

Friday, December 26, 2003

A Day in My Work Life

I don't have anything to do today here at work, but they insist I stay until 3 anyway. I'll show them! I'm going to post all day! Here's what I do on a day full of boredom:

9:04-9:13 AM - I typically arrive within this time. I'm absolutely never on time unless...no unless, actually. I'm just never on time. Today, it was 9:04, because the traffic was light.

Remaining time until 9:15 was spent walking around, lest I look like I am anxious to be at work.

9:15 - I turned on the computer and prepared for the day. On most days, seeing as how I have little to no work to do, this entails signing on to IM, checking my e-mail, and perusing my friends' websites.

(I'll keep this updated throughout the day)

9:19 - All checked. No long-term entertainment there. Must seek help elsewhere. I'm going to check out Best Buy and see what's on sale this week.

9:26 - Best Buy has really outdone themselves with this little gem of a picture from their homepage:
She's snowboarding on a CELL PHONE!  It doesn't get any cooler than that!

9:37 - No good sales. That was a good ten minutes. I'm not sure what to do now. I'll try humming.

9:42 - Humming is not an entertaining way to spend a day.

9:43 - Origami may be entertaining. I'm looking it up now. Maybe I'll become a paper folding master today.

9:47 - My search for illustrated origami lessons was interrupted by this hilarious German comic strip:
crazy German origami people

9:57 - Apparently, there are some spare digital cameras lying around the office. This may soon become a day full of boredom pictures.

10:09 - Camera software installation is complete. Not only will I TAKE pictures, I can upload and play with them, too. Everything is coming up Milhouse!

10:32 - That restart took WAY longer than it should have. Something is amiss.

10:33 - Nothing is amiss, you can stop worrying now. Sorry about that.

10:57 - This is proving to be more time consuming than I originally planned.

11:12 - I wonder why M+Ms hold to their blatant lie that they don't melt in your hands. I've got a palmful of rainbow that will attest otherwise.

11:25 - I'm cooking up some pictures of my office. Start holding your breath...now!

11:35 - Okay, stop holding your breath now. I mean, if you were. Here are those pictures:
home sweet home
My desk. Quite a lovely one indeed.

seventh ring of Hell
My boss' desk. Notice the proximity to mine (those folders and whatnot are on the back of my desk).

office mates
Janis (on the left) and Barbara. Two of the assistant principals. No problems with these two.

whee!
What the back part of the office would look like if it suddenly was stuck in a whirlpool.

totally staged
Me, trying to look productive. It doesn't work.

cheerio
Again with the fake productivity, but now it's old timey!

filthy
A koosh ball I found out in the street after religious school one day. No one has claimed it, so I sort of made it my desk "fun thing". It amuses me to no end when parents bring their misbehaved brats in here and let them suck on that toy.

ROAR!
That same koosh ball on fire and taking over downtown Tokyo.

11:50 - The code for those pictures is a mess. I'm glad you guys just see the final product.

11:51 - Nothing to do again. Suggestions would be welcome.

11:54 - I have come to the realization that today was a bad day to post all day since just about no one is bored and browsing websites on the day after X-Mas but me.

12:07 - I just made a flier. That was my only task for the day and now it is done. I feel so empty.

12:10 - I had originally planned on skipping out around noon and doing some post Christmas shopping, but it seems that my boss is coming in at some point today, and I sort of need to be here for that. I hate that she comes in on her days off. Seriously, get a life.

On a side note, I can't believe I've only been here for three hours. Damn it.

12:28 - I just wrote a post for a day in the past. First one to find it gets a cookie. A real tasty one.

12:33 - Ugh. Ate too many M+Ms. I don't know what's going to happen to me. I hope it doesn't involve explosion.

12:38 - Possible Reality Shows:
- two people are locked in a room and must play paper, rock, scissors until one goes absolutely apeshit
- a roomful of people are fed spicy Mexican food; last one to stay in the room wins
- extreme ugly makeovers - people are made into trolls

That's all I've got right now.

12:55 - Damn it! For the second day in a row, I was putting on my coat to skip out to Best Buy in the middle of the day, and my boss came in right as I was leaving. I hate that.

1:01 - I'm in the process of making MS Outlook my bitch. I don't know why, just because I can.

1:11 - Bitchifyed!

1:15 - Today is Friday. I get to go home at 3 on Fridays. That makes me happy. So do puppies and gumdrops.

say it together...'aww' good ammo for BB guns

1:35 - Wow, I can't believe it's been twenty minutes since I updated last. Unfortunately, nothing exciting has happened in there. Sorry.

1:51 - We've had visitors. Well, not me really. But Barbara's (see above picture) husband and daughter came in, and livened up the office a bit. Huzzah!

2:06 - I was planning on leaving by 2 today. Unfortunately, my boss is in her office. Again, look at the above pictures and realize just how close that puts her to me, and you get an idea of why I can't go.

2:18 - Caitie's stepdad Rick sent her this picture:
not now arctic puffin
This is her ultimate fantasy. At least I could publish it for the world to see.

2:30 - My boss is finally leaving. That means, most likely, so am I.

2:39 - I'm packing it up and packing it in. Thanks to all two of you who probably read this all day.

5 Comments:

  • I just woke up! Woo hoo!
    12/26/2003 03:11:56 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

  • What do you think made that koosh ball so mad that it wanted to terrorize a city?
    12/26/2003 03:58:01 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

  • Doug - That makes you an asshole.

    Caitie - Reality TV
    12/26/2003 04:28:04 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

  • My brother just said you're "dorkified" when he saw your picture. He then forgot that he said it 20 seconds later.

    Form your opinion now.
    12/26/2003 08:23:53 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • Does "dorkified" mean the same thing as "awesomeated"? Because I agree with that, then.

    (twenty seconds later)

    Also, does "dorkified" mean the same thing as "awesomeated"? Because I agree with that, then.
    12/27/2003 01:10:21 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home