Shoulda Said

Monday, January 26, 2004

Golden Globes

I didn't watch the Golden Globes last night, but I read the winners, and I agree with a lot of them. Bill Murray as best actor for Lost in Translation? Hell yes. Return of the King as best picture? You better believe it. Peter Jackson as best director? Well deserved. Sofia Coppola for best screenplay? I agree with that.

As you might be able to tell, Lost in Translation and ROTK are my two favorites to sweep the Oscars, even though I doubt it will happen. As much as it pains me to say it, though, I really want ROTK to clean up, winning best picture and possibly a best supporting actor (or at least a nod) to Sean Astin, just because the trilogy hasn't won any serious Oscars yet, and they deserve it. I feel like they should win a best picture award for the final chapter as a tribute to the fact that, cumulatively, the Lord of the Rings was a fantastic nine hour movie.

1 Comments:

  • I agree with you on everything. I'm just still bitter than Sean Astin didn't even get a nomination!
    01/28/2004 11:54:47 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home