Shoulda Said

Saturday, February 07, 2004

Les Triplettes de Belleville

I saw Les Triplettes de Belleville tonight. Suffice it to say, it was as awesome and entertaining and mind-blowingly cool as I thought it would be. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in some abstract animation. This film is up for two Oscars (best song and best animated film), and I really hope it wins for the latter.

Added bonus: the movie was preceded by the Walt Disney/Salvador Dali short film "Destino," which is up for an Oscar. It was also really really interesting. I hope it wins, specifically because it's the only one I've seen that was nominated.

1 Comments:

  • As the person who saw Les Triplettes of Belleville with Steve I have to agree with his description. It was quite funny and nearly wordless. The music was amazing!

    And on the Disney film, I didn't expect to see it and was completely mesmerized by it. I hope it wins, on a couple levels... one being to see Roy Disney get some credit and say a few words about Eisner.
    02/07/2004 01:49:03 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home