Shoulda Said

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Baby Shower Planner Extraordinaire

Somehow, the task of planning a co-worker's baby shower here at the office fell on me, even though I don't know anything about baby showers and, well, I'm a dude. I don't feel like it should ever fall on a guy to plan a baby shower, because it will end up pretty much like this is going to end up.

Here's all the planning that went in to this:
- I booked a room here at the office
- I sent out an all staff e-mail
- I decided it would be a pot luck lunch

Today, I realized I needed to get a cake (the shower is today at lunch). So I did, and I even got icing to decorate it with. I hope this goes okay. It's my first foray into a (more likely than not) failed potential career as an event planner.

As a side note, my co-worker (who is one of the coolest people here) didn't want a big to-do, which is most of the reason it fell upon me. This is her second kid, and she had a big shower here for the first one. This isn't even really a baby shower, so much as it is a farewell lunch for when she leaves one of these days for maternity leave.

As another side note, I realize I'm a liar, then, for saying it was a baby shower. But, really, no one wants to read about planning a farewell lunch. That's lame. The juxtaposition of placing me in a position of importance during the planning phases of a baby shower party is funny. I know the difference, and I just played to the stronger choice.

As a third side note, I'm not saying I'm all that proud of what I did. But I did it, and I can't undo it. Don't judge me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home