Shoulda Said

Friday, January 03, 2003

Is it just me, or does it seem that the entire Internet is being set up as one gigantic dating pool? All of the sites I used to go to all of the time are now trying to set me up with people with webcams and the ability to quip lightly about themselves in the limited space allotted by dating services. I just took an IQ test on Emode, and afterwards, there was a list of girls (and a few men...) who's profiles matched my test scores, or some such bullshit. I went to The Onion the other day, and accidentally clicked on a dating site link where the old Onion A-V Club links section used to be. I can't help but wonder how this came about. It seems that the age of "boy-meets-girl" is officially over. Bars and clubs are the ways of the past, phone lines and local area networks are the new pickup joints. It's kind of disheartening...well, I guess not for everyone. The ugly, the anti-social, and the agoraphobic are rejoicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home