Shoulda Said

Thursday, August 28, 2003

I deal with a lot of filing here at the temple, and a lot of alphabetizing, and I come across a lot of dual last names. You all know what I mean, like when a kids name is Jackson-Pollack or Franken-Stein or whatever. That got me to thinking, what do these kids do when they grow up? Does anyone know the answer to this? Does anyone have one of these dual last names and have a plan for marriage? If you are a man, do you keep both last names, and then does your wife take both last names too? What if you are a woman, do you tack a third name on there? Does it become Franken-Stein-Monster or whatever? Because I don't think I've ever seen that. And if you are a man with two last names, and you marry a woman with two last names, does somebody (most likely the child) end up with four last names? And if so, isn't that some kind of mental child abuse? I need answers people, even if they are fake answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home