Shoulda Said

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Have you ever used a bathroom right after someone has pooped? Well, okay, I'm sure that's happened to everyone, but I mean RIGHT after someone has gone. You know how it goes, you see them leave, and you walk in, and have to take a second to regain your composure because you can't imagine that that smell just came from that person. It's not so bad when it's someone you don't know, but it's not fun when it's a friend or co-worker. We (all the employees) all share one bathroom here at the synagogue. Personally, I don't use it for anything, opting for the larger bathroom upstairs with a little more privacy, but sometimes I see a co-worker walking out of there, and then I catch a whiff, and then I feel awkward around that person for the rest of the day, because I just caught them in what they thought was a secret little moment. I don't have a solution for this problem, because I don't advocate not pooping, that's just not healthy, and I don't advocate me not feeling awkward around people, because that's part of who I am. I guess this might just have to be one of those thing I have to live with for the rest of my life, just like my hatred for the noise that styrofoam makes and the smell of peanut butter.

Reading over that post, I can't imagine anyone wanting to know any of this. Why did I write it, then? That's for you, the reader, to figure out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home