Shoulda Said

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

You know how you can hear a song and it brings back a memory, and sometimes you just get the slightest hint of a memory, but not neccessarily a full-blown memory? I love that. It's not really a specific thing that you recall, but you just kind of get the feeling that you should be remembering something. A few examples:
- I heard Insane in the Membrane today in the car on the way to school, and for some reason I pictured myself at ten years old sitting on my grandmother's couch watching MTV. I don't know how cool it is that I associate a song involving excessive drug use with my grandmother's house. I think that makes me a big square.
- Does anyone else remember the band Big Audio Dynamite? I heard a song by them today, and I got this vague impression of happiness. I think something good happened to me when that song was playing. I hope it was something sexual. That makes it way cooler.
- The other day, I Need a Hero came on the radio, and I got really pumped for some reason. I couldn't figure out why until this morning, when I remembered the scene from Short Circuit 2 when Johnny 5 gets all beat up, but then his antenna goes up and he controls the remote controlled airplane that attacks the bad guys.

I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but it's a phenomenon I thought was worth mentioning. Do you guys have any of these kind of songs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home