Shoulda Said

Thursday, November 27, 2003

Damn It All

It's official. Single people should not go see romantic comedies. Ever. Unless it's a romantic comedy of such laughable proportions that your sole reason for going is to throw popcorn at the screen (i.e. anything Jennifer Lopez has ever starrred in). I went to see Love Actually tonight, and I really liked it a lot. The problem is that it left me really really wanting a girlfriend. No particular reason, just because seeing love well portrayed on screen makes love seem like a desirable thing. Anyone who knows me knows I'm staunchly anti-girlfriend until I move to Chicago, but seeing a movie like this is kryptonite to the Superman-like willpower I've exerted (anyone who knows me also knows that I just lied about that willpower bit).

Anyway, I recommend the film. Unless you're single. ESPECIALLY if you are single and suicidal. This bit of holiday sweetness might just push you over the edge. To anyone with a significant other, I give it a wholehearted thumbs up. Bastards.

6 Comments:

  • AJ. AJ has the vagina. It's not like a hot potato or something, that you can pass around.
    11/27/2003 11:36:51 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

  • The whole point of this post was that I DON'T have a vagina.
    11/27/2003 12:46:13 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • I have a vagina for liking Gilmore Girls, and Steve doesn't have a vagina because he liked Love Actually? Is there any logic here? Bueller?
    11/27/2003 03:50:34 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • Well, sure, I have a vagina FIGURATIVELY in this one instance because I liked this movie, and you have one FIGURATIVELY all the time, because you watch Gilmore Girls, but the point of this post was that LITERALLY there is no vagina in my life.
    11/27/2003 04:12:04 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • Ha ha, you said figuratively.
    11/28/2003 01:07:40 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • "Capeesh" is actually spelled capisce. I'm a dork, sorry.
    11/28/2003 02:57:43 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home