Shoulda Said

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Seagulls

THE SETTING is a deserted beach. The sand is littered with shells. Two seagulls swoop down at the same time and dive for the same shell.

SEAGULL #1
Get lost, I saw this first.

SEAGULL#2
No, I did! You couldn’t see an elephant past that long beak of yours.

SEAGULL#1
I’m surprised you can see my beak at all, with those beady little eyes of yours.

SEAGULL#2
Yeah, well me and my beady little eyes are going to take that crab, whether you like it or not.

SEAGULL#1
My tail feathers you are. That crab is coming home with me.

SEAGULL#2
Sez you. You’ll have to take it from me.

(He snatches the crab in his beak and starts to fly away. The first seagull quickly flies after him and attacks him in midair. The crab drops to the sand below and walks into the ocean.)

You made me lose my dinner. Now I have to go hunt for another one.

SEAGULL#1
You deserved it. And now I have to go hunt for more food, too. Thanks a lot, asshole.

(They both fly off in separate directions.)

5 Comments:

  • What is this Steve? Is this some sort of fable, or children's book in the making? Can I call you Aesop?
    11/10/2003 02:57:34 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

  • Yes, it's one of those fables where the two characters call each other profanities and then neglect the moral. I always liked them more.
    11/10/2003 09:32:27 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

  • I think this is an allegory, like "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner."

    I'm just not sure I can identify any of the particular pieces.
    11/10/2003 11:18:12 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

  • Enough with the birds! Did the doctor grab your balls? Was she cute?
    11/11/2003 01:20:37 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

  • If you want all the lurid details, go to my new website www.doctorsgrabbingtheirpatientsballs.com

    I just bought the domain.
    11/11/2003 01:41:49 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home