Shoulda Said

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sudoku Addiction

I swear, I can't stop doing sudoku puzzles. I just discovered Web Sudoku, where there are, seriously, billions of puzzles. In four difficulty settings. All fully printable. I do, maybe, six of these a day at work, when I have actual work I should be doing. On days when I'm bored, don't even get me started. I do them on the train. I do them at home when I'm watching TV. I do them when I should be sleeping. I can't stop. It's a fixation. I've become obsessive-compulsive about them. I need a 12-step program, stat.

I'd write more, but I'm in the middle of a really hard one that I've been working on for over an hour, and I'd really like to get back to it. Help me!

3 Comments:

  • Hi Steve! This is Chambrel Jones from back in the day at JMU/APO. I found your blog through a totally random blog trail during a serious procrastination session and I just wanted to say "hi!". Its been forever, but it looks like you are well and I will continue to check in on you here now and then. All the best!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 PM  

  • Another sudoku addict here! I started at WebSudoku too, but I found a better site here:
    www.sudokuhints.com
    It has tabs for five difficulty levels, and you can either print (it lets you print really big which is good for the hard ones - room for pencilmarks), or solve online. It can give hints or solve a step, and you can tell it to show the pencilmarks (candidate digits).

    The WebSudoku puzzles are just randomly generated by computer. No soul. You can tell from the www.sudokuhints.com layouts that they are hand-generated.

    - KristinW

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

  • Hi Steve! I'm addicted, too! I have a book of "white belt" puzzles, and I always plan to do just one before going to bed, but I usually stay up and do a few. The Post Express prints them now, too.
    Oh, and you have carved your name into something: that pier in Myrtle Beach where you chased me with the squid. So there.

    By Blogger Hot Pocket, at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home