Shoulda Said

Saturday, April 10, 2004

Hypothetical Ice Capades Post

So MAYBE my mom got free tickets to go see that Ice Capades that I made fun of this week, and MAYBE my friend Jena and I ended up going, and MAYBE it was really cool, in a geeky sort of way. Potential insights at the event may or may not include the following:
- it was named after John Hancock Financial Services, which was named after John Hancock Declaration Signer, which makes more sense
- the ice show actually have resembled my momma's ice capades, as my momma was there with me
- Michelle Kwan was given the Most Caring Athlete Award in a superfluous pre-event ceremony, which is easily on par with the Golden Globes for lamest award you can win
- the first standing ovation (of many) of the night occurred four minutes in
- if more events included a dueling banjos ice-skate-off, I might enjoy more nights out
- if I was going to do an ice skating number to the song Rocket Man, I would end the act with me ripping off my flamboyant costume to reveal a jet pack, and I would soar away into the rafters streaming confetti and $100 bills
- the best part of the night was the Bud Light-decorated zamboni

The success of this night has led me to compile a new list of "things I'd like to see on ice". This list includes:
- wildlife safari
- Harlem Globetrotters game (picture coming soon)
- a Gallagher performance
- paintball
- Saturday Night Fever
- breakdancing - this one was done tonight, towards the end
- a Civil War re-enactment

Jena took a lot of pictures on her digital camera, and she is getting them to me soon, so I'll post the cream of the crop on here, when I get them. As much as I hate to admit it, I had a pretty damn good time. Let the good-natured ribbing begin.

3 Comments:

  • Is someone ashamed of his love for ice skating?
    I think so....
    embrace it, Steve!
    05:32:16 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 PM  

  • I think Steve wins the Most Unlikely Fan of Figure Skating (MUFFS) Award (to be presented in a superfluous post-event ceremony).
    10:13:40 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 PM  

  • I like that award idea. Also, you know how when the Joker falls off the building at the end of Batman, and you hear the "Heh heh heh heh" from that bag that Commissioner Gordon pulls out of his jacket? I totally was laughing like that. Probably because I couldn't breathe due to my allergic reaction to the cats.
    10:56:03 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home