Shoulda Said

Friday, April 09, 2004

Bowlin' in the Wind

I went bowling yesterday for the first time in probably a year. Back in my heyday, when I bowled twice a year, I considered breaking 100 to be awesome. Once, by some divine twist, I scored a 175, and thought I had really made it in the world. Last night I started out strong, with a 144 (not bad, after a year with no practice). The second game, I scored a disappointing 102. Not to outdo myself, the third game I scored a whopping 68 points. That's less than my previous lowest score ever even if you reverse the numbers. Usually I suck my first game and get increasingly better. Last night, I think my arm muscles burnt out early in the game.

5 Comments:

  • Arm muscles should be building there strength with all the kickboxing. Just keep hoping for the best.

    Oh, it's a special day. What is it?
    03:01:58 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • My best bowling moment ever has to have been the day I managed a gutterball while using the bumpers. now that takes some skill right there :)
    04:17:05 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • Don't ever bowl at the GWU lanes. They are built crooked, on purpose I think, just so everyone does badly. I mean, come on...I usually bowl in the high 200's and I got a 13 there. Some crazy stuff is going on, obviously.
    04:49:21 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

  • The high 200s? Either you are lying, or you had nothing else to do during those crazy Michigan summers.
    05:56:59 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

  • You know, back home I never took the time to truly appreciate bowling. I liked it, but I never thought "I should savor every moment, for someday it will be gone," like youth, or bourbon, or a big sandwich. Now I see the error of my ways. You cannot find good old American bowling in Boston. You know what they have? Fucking CANDLEPIN bowling. Like, with the little bocci ball and a bunch of stupid relay race-type sticks. I've been on this earth for twenty-two years, and never once have I felt gayer.
    02:32:30 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home