Shoulda Said

Sunday, March 19, 2006

V for Vendetta gets an A for Awesome

I freakin' loved this movie tonight. I'm not sure what it was that drove me to like it so much, since Lisa only liked it, and James seems to have hated it. Here's a list of things I like to see in my action films:
- knife fighting
- the future
- an antihero
- huge explosions
- Benny Hill medleys involving gorillas
- subversive political action geared towards despotic rulers
- Natalie Portman
- Natalie Portman naked

Things from the above list not in this movie:
- Natalie Portman naked (come on, throw me that one final bone!)

Seriously, go see it. I thought it was great.

9 Comments:

  • I waaas going to see that movie, but I saw, She's the Man instead, and I do not regret that decision.

    Did, V for Vendetta have a mustache montage? I think not.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

  • I don't understand "mustache montage," and no matter how many times Christina talks about it, I will NOT see She's the Man. But I still want to see V for Vendetta.

    By Blogger Tyler, at 11:58 AM  

  • I'm sorry, you will all hate me for this because I know that Natalie Portman is an elfin goddess for many, but whenever I see her in a movie, I can't help thinking, "Man, check out that acting!" I really shouldn't have seen Garden State.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

  • I think that love conquers all when it comes to Natalie Portman. She could star in Showgirls 2 and I'd still think she was fantastic.

    By Blogger Steve, at 2:28 PM  

  • Oh my god, please let them make a Showgirls 2.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

  • As long as there is another incredibly stylized violent waterfall sex scene, the rest would all be gravy.

    By Blogger Steve, at 3:41 PM  

  • i had one major complaint about "V". and i mean MAJOR. after being imprisoned for days/weeks/who knows how long in solitary confinement, she didn't even have a tuft of pit hair. i mean, i know natalie is hot and all, but the girl's still gonna get hairy.

    setting up thousands of dominos in a secret underground lair? alright, whatever. no pit hair? completely unacceptable.

    By Blogger kb, at 11:52 AM  

  • Okay, that's a valid complaint. My response:
    Natalie Portman is too beautiful for body hair. It all runs away, awed by her sheer radiance. I bet her armpits naturally smell like lavender, too.

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:58 AM  

  • you forgot:

    -A masked anti-hero making eggs in an apron.

    Every action movie should have that.

    By Blogger Not Margaret, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home