Shoulda Said

Sunday, November 16, 2003

City Driving

Does everyone have something that you really work yourself up about, and tell yourself that it's going to be horrible, and then freak out when you have to do it, and then realize that it's waaaaay easier than you thought it would be? I'm like that with city driving. For some reason, it really scares the bejesus out of me, the concept of driving in cities and parallel parking, and then it happens, and I do perfectly alright, and I realize that I just scared myself out of a year's worth of life and for no good reason. I think this is the foundation for eventually becoming neurotic, but I'm not sure yet. I'll let you all know in ten years.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, that depends on the city. New York, for instance, sounds scary but in fact is not. Boston does not sound scary, but I've spent a cumulative ten minutes in people's cars since I moved here, and those ten minutes resulted in two accidents. The drivers are insane and the subway drivers are worse. All of the pedestrians are assholes except me. Don't ever bring a car up here; you can't possibly freak yourself out enough to be prepared.
    11/17/2003 02:41:19 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

  • D.C. is actually pretty easy to figure out. I still manage to freak myself out about it, though, even though I go into the city at least once a week.
    11/17/2003 12:06:55 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home