Shoulda Said

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Elf-tastic!

I went and saw Elf last night. I was really hesitant to see this movie at first, but I'm not really sure why. Will Ferrell is awesome, the premise was funny...

Anyway, I liked it a lot. It had your typical Christmas sappiness, but that's to be expected in a Christmas movie. The plot wasn't anything fantastic, either. However, Will Ferrell is a godsend to the comedy world. No one else could have played the wide-eyed surprise that Buddy needed. He's hysterical. Go see this movie. It gets the Jewish Guy Holiday Movie Seal of Approval.

2 Comments:

  • Wait, you're Jewish?
    11/15/2003 03:18:10 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 PM  

  • I too recently saw Elf, and would have to agree with Steve. Though it was indeed loaded with the sap that only a Christmas movie can give, it was still really funny. As a recent convert to the fanhood of Will Ferrell (I didn't really like him until I saw Old School)I must say that I couldn't imagine anyone else pulling off Buddy, either. I even got a little holiday-style teary-eyed in a couple of parts. However, I saw the movie with my girlfriend, so I couldn't cry. I have to try maintain my false machismo.
    11/15/2003 05:36:49 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home