Shoulda Said

Friday, November 14, 2003

Pet Peeves

I was thinking of my pet peeves today, and here's a few of the ones I came up with:
- being "humored" - I hate it when people just smile and nod at me when I'm being myself. I don't appreciate that. I'd rather just not associate with those people anyway.
- people with no sense of humor - These are typically the people who humor me. When you drop a joke, and a person just stares at you glassy-eyed, I know that our relationship will be short-lived.
- pessimists - The glass is half full. Deal with it.
- the phrase "I'm all about some ______" - Whether people are all about some cheese or some partying or some flamingo sex, I don't want to hear it phrased like that. It's stupid.
- people who openly talk about dietary issues - I don't care how many carbs you eat on a given day, or how many grams of saturated fat were in your lunch. It's not interesting in the least. Learn to tell a joke to fill the dead space in a conversation and your life will be infinitely better.
- when old people use (what they think is) new slang - You'll never relive your past. Stop trying. "You go girl" and "you're the man" just make you sound fuddier and duddier.

This is by no means a complete list. I have more pet peeves than most people, so I'm sure I'll come up with some more as the day goes on.

1 Comments:

  • Apparently, you've never gotten into a good conversation about flamingo sex.
    11/16/2003 10:02:59 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home