Shoulda Said

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Moving...Possibly

So if law school doesn't pan out in Chicago this year, I am seriously considering relocating for law school next year. I like Chicago a lot, but I've done it, I've spent two years here (almost, and it'll be three by the time I move), and if I want to practice entertainment law, I should probably move to a coast. I like the concept of moving to the Pacific Northwest (Seattle or Portland, most likely) just for college, and then moving down to California. Or just going to school in California and staying there. Or just going to school in New York and staying there. I don't know. I want to live in a big city. I want to study intellectual property law. And I want to move within the next few years. That's all I know. Any suggestions, internet?

7 Comments:

  • I've been thinking about going to Seattle, too! You should move there first and test it out, and then I can come visit! Oooh, or if you move to Oregon, we can reenact The Goonies!

    By Blogger Hot Pocket, at 6:00 PM  

  • Vitamin Kay moved to Seattle within the last year.

    And you can't go wrong with LA....

    By Blogger Brian McCloskey, at 12:44 AM  

  • Portland, OR is awesome. It's like a Disney attraction, in city form and with very polite homeless beggars.

    And you can't go wrong with Boston...unless you like the Yankees.

    I live in VT. We have nothing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

  • I'm from Seattle (but I'm in Chicago for Grad School). I think you can't go wrong if you move there, and no, it doesn't rain all the time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 AM  

  • also, i like, totally have a blog now.

    By Blogger Leah McCombe, at 11:26 AM  

  • Good for you! Have you checked out Pepperdine? I may be confusing places (it's been over 10 years since I looked into law school), but I seem to remember they have a good entertainment law program. Then, a few weeks ago, I saw a FoodNetwork program filmed at Pepperdine, and it was so gorgeous there I wanted to leap on a plane.

    Apparently they like to barbecue, that's why Bobby Flay and Paula Dean came to town.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Kori, at 12:58 PM  

  • Are you hoping to marry yourself a nice woman like Anna Nicole Smith after you become a big shot hollywood lawyer?

    Guster is coming to JMU... which reminded me of you. Good luck with law school/job/moving.

    -Carly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home