Shoulda Said

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Brilliant!

As I was walking to the bathroom just now, it came to me in a flash:

If I ever become a mad scientist, I am legally changing my name to "Monsieur Diabolique." How awesome is THAT?!

Sidenote: I googled this phrase, to see if anyone else already went by it. There were four responses. Two were in French, meaning I had no idea what they said. One was someone who uses it as an expression of surprise quite frequently. And the fourth?

Oh ho ho. The fourth.

It was from the story "Young Marauders in Love." This is a piece of Marvel Comics fan fiction centered on everyone's favorite Cajun X-Man, Gambit. And it's lewd. I refuse to mention more about it here, for fear of drawing in, as they say, "les indésirables."

3 Comments:

  • At the Trattoria on the upper west side, Riptide regarded Vertigo over a plate of fettucine carbonara. He whirled the tender pasta onto his fork without a thought. She made small talk. He chatted back. But some corner of his mind was still at work, seeking to unravel the Gordian knot his thoughts had become.

    Loving her is fine, but you must get away. Getting away is fine -- but you're Marauders. There is no 'getaway.' If you take her and run, they'll find you, kill you, kill her, make you watch, watch her die, die inside, die for real. No way out.

    "You've been quiet," Vee observed. "Penny for your thoughts?"


    I think the person who wrote that was in my creative writing class.

    By Blogger Tyler, at 6:37 PM  

  • SO awesome!

    By Blogger Hot Pocket, at 11:41 PM  

  • what's cool about Steve in this entry?

    1. He came up with a mad scientist name for himself.

    2. And it was in french.

    3. And then he tries to pretend that he's not the author of this X-Men fan fiction.

    We're on to you, Monsieur Diabolique.

    By Blogger Not Margaret, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home