Shoulda Said

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Boredom Relief

It's been a while since anyone did one of these, so I figure I'll have another lyrics-guessing "contest" on my site. I call it a "contest" in quotations because there's no prize whatsoever other than the sheer entertainment value you get out of guessing/looking up the answers. Feel free to leave the answers wherever you want, seeing as how there's no reward for having the most right.

1.) I wake up, check my senses
One two three four five
Number six missing again

2.) In case I get queasy
A photo of easy rider

3.) I can't see a thing through the smoke
And if I can breathe I try not to choke

4.) Consequential because
She doesn't but he does
Metric systemic buzz
Is making me anxious

5.) Please wake me
I'm one side calm and one side screaming

6.) My name's Stewart Ransom Miller
I'm a serial lady killer

7.) 'Cause she knows that
It's demanding
To defeat those evil machines

8.) Hey, we can do it again if you like
And repeat it again a few times

9.) Her lips are moving
I am mesmerized
By tiny lies

10.) Look fat chicks I don't mean to sound rude
I tell her nice hit the gym
And don't eat so much food

11.) But if you dig on vegan food
Well come over to my work
I'll have 'em cook you something that you'll really love

12.) All drenched in milk in holy water
Pouring from the sky

13.) I can do a backbend
I will not call you back

14.) Cause the day the sun gets in your eyes
Is the day that you’ll be free

15.) You're no walk in the park
More like a shot in the dark

16.) 'Cause some of us judge without knowing a man's inner
And some of us find fault in the sin and not the sinner

17.) I had fifteen people tellin' me don't move
I got movin' on my mind

18.) And if you see the bruises on my legs from kicking pills
Then you'll know how recklessly the pages I fill

19.) On and on
So it’s just your false alarm
Maybe i’ll hold my breath
And you’ll be gone

20.) You have so many relationships in this life
Only one or two will last
You go through all the pain and strife
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast

Good luck winning the non-existent prize!

7 Comments:

  • Ok, #12 is from Mary Had a Little Lamb, right? AM I RIGHT?!?! WHAT DO I WIN????
    01/07/2004 12:53:48 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 PM  

  • Googling them is no fun, so I'll just do the ones I know offhand:

    9 is Losing Lisa by Ben Folds

    And that's all I know. I am sucktacular.
    01/07/2004 03:21:09 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 PM  

  • I made these entries in short, Google-ready form. I might expand them later, if this is an unsuccessful enterprise.
    01/07/2004 03:40:15 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 PM  

  • Losing Lisa and the J5 song. That's all I got, compadre.
    01/07/2004 03:55:23 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 PM  

  • 1) Cargosharks
    2) Yan and the Yimms
    3) November Deary
    4) NYD CQ
    5) Elastic Exercise
    6) Neat Freak Platform
    7) The Plain Envelopes
    8) Wireyou?
    9) Ben Folds
    10) Straight Edge Boulevard
    11) Callerbacks
    12) The Superior Clip-Ons
    13) Orangutan Department
    14) Vitamin X
    15) MILK23
    16) Daydreaming Hills
    17) The Hard Sleep
    18) Midnight Teachers
    19) Striped Eye Lou
    20) QX8
    01/07/2004 07:25:50 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:56 PM  

  • Caitie wins!
    01/07/2004 11:30:28 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

  • Damn, I was so close.
    01/08/2004 09:15:21 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home