Shoulda Said

Friday, February 27, 2004

Steve and Amazon, Sittin' in a Tree...

Amazon and I need to have a talk. It's not that we don't get along; on the contrary, I believe that we tend to get along too well. I can't browse that site without spending a king's (well, a king of a small poor nation, at least) ransom. I lose all personal restraint when it comes to entertainment shopping, and having the convenience to do it from my computer, where I spend approximately 112% of my time, makes it all the more difficult. Just last month, I blew my cash wad buying The Ben Stiller Show and The Complete Tenacious D Masterworks, and two weeks ago I managed to drag my sorry ass AWAY from the computer, all the way to Best Buy, where I bought The Critic and Curb Your Enthusiasm box sets. Last night, I went on another Amazon binge, buying quite a few David Sedaris products, solely on the recommendation of a certain friend of mine who shall remain nameless, as well as the first season of The Office, which I've never seen, but comes highly praised.
And now, for the sad but true portion of my entry. Some people get drunk and start fights. Some people get drunk and e-mail their ex-boyfriends and girlfriends embarrassing things. Some people get drunk and order Mystery Science Theater DVD Sets. I'm addicted. Someone needs to stage an intervention. Any takers?

5 Comments:

  • Well, since you posted your first comment with me this morning, I feel like I should at least attempt to help you. Repeat after me: "You have no control over me. Your promises of free shipping with the purchase of $25.00 is false. The emotional cost is much greater. I may have dvds but I'll still be empty inside."
    That's a pretty weak attempt but I suffer from the same Amazon affliction, so I don't know what I was expecting. Have a great day!
    02/27/2004 11:18:48 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

  • I'm on an emotional loan at this point. At the rate I'm going, adjusting for inflation, my emotional costs should be paid off by 2018.
    02/27/2004 11:32:55 AM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

  • I've had the same amazon problem for a year now. That bastard. Takes everything you've got, but oh so good in the sack, you just just keep comin' back.
    02/27/2004 01:49:12 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

  • That's me and Ebay. It's really kind of tragic.
    Maybe we could find a support group and go through this together stevie.
    02/27/2004 11:31:14 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

  • As a witness of not one, but two of your binge episodes... I am here to report that, as you know, I only half-heartedly said "Don't do it, pup". I blame myself.
    02/28/2004 06:56:02 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home