Shoulda Said

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Comment Spam

I'm not sure why, but this site gets hammered with comment spam. I've downloaded and consistently run mt-blacklist, but stuff still slips through the cracks. One time, a penis enlargement drug spam infiltrated every single entry on my site (120-something at the time). It's ridiculous. I doubt the people who view my site want to see transexuals having sex and score illegal male pattern baldness medicine (unless you guys DO want these things, and the spammers know you better than I do). Anyone have any ideas what to do to fight it (I'm looking at Dan and AJ here...)

4 Comments:

  • I came very close to turning off all comments once when I got 100 comments at once. Your best bet is probably to close comments on old entries and leave them open for only a few days when you post new entries, but it's a choice you've got to make for yourself.
    03/21/2004 03:36:30 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

  • Pup... are you the problem?

    Or are you the Solution?
    03/22/2004 07:50:57 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

  • Usually the problem.
    03/22/2004 09:30:44 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

  • Don't tell me what I want or do not want to see. Unless it's transsexuals having sex. That's just gross.

    On another note that was TOTALLY related in my head, can you email me your phone number? Because I lost it, and as a result I could not drunk call you on St. Patrick's Day. I don't want this to happen again.
    03/23/2004 05:31:00 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home