Shoulda Said

Thursday, December 14, 2006

On needing to express myself

I need a creative outlet. My job mostly deals with pre-determined content. I don't write, I don't act, and I don't contribute to any reputable medical journals (you know, the trifecta of artistic expression). I need to start doing something where I can get out all the wackiness boiling up in my head before I go to law school and have to suppress it for good (this is MOSTLY true...however any fan of Princess Bride knows that MOSTLY true still means slightly false). I'm most definitely a fan of unstructure over structure, and so I have to find a way to make that a part of my life while all the other little bits are falling into place.

For right now, it might be karaoke. We've started going weekly, and it's a lot of fun. However, even now, the appeal of the karaoke is less than the general appeal of being a regular at a bar, so I think the novelty is wearing off. I need something new. I've decided to pick this blogging thing back up, but I don't really know how creative I can get in a story detailing a crazy guy I ran into on the train or how I feel about hair cuts. I think I need a genuine creative outlet, be it songwriting or bookwriting or Choose-Your-Own-Adventurewriting. I'm now officially taking suggestions.

1 Comments:

  • I recommend starting a video blog. Certainly helps me get the crazies out, albeit, in a public manner.

    p.s. Kashi Eileen, or Come on Go Lean, or Comeshi Go Lean. The possibilities are end-ful!

    (if you're reading this comment and you are not Steve, that last part won't make any sense to you)

    By Blogger Wheezy Waiter, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home