Shoulda Said

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

On the Way Here

On the (longer than usual) ride to work today, which is not particularly treacherous, I saw one car that was completely on fire and another SUV that was flipped over and crushed, and they were prying it open with the jaws of life, and all I could think was "man, if it wasn't for all these dead people, I'd have almost been on time for work," and "these dead people are causing me to inhale noxious car exhaust, those assholes." What does that say about me as a person?

Also, along the same lines of me being a jerk, happy belated birthday, Kim! I meant to call on your actual birthday, but then I forgot. Hope you had fun!

6 Comments:

  • Let's face it, dead people suck. They have no consideration for others, are terrible conversationalists, and they smell funky. Plus they can't dance. And very few of them are Grateful.

    I wouldn't be caught dead with a dead person.

    The only good dead person, is a dead dead person (... ???).
    03/24/2004 04:19:08 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

  • You sick little monkey! Actually, I'm jealous. Usually when I'm stuck in traffic I can only hope to come across a scene of horrific carnage. (But more often than not the backup is for no discernable reason.) And what does this say about us as people? I blame society's cavalier attitude towards public transportation.
    03/24/2004 04:31:48 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

  • Well, I think it speaks to your work ethic.
    Never mind, I don't think it speaks to anything other than your complete self-absorption. Which I fully admire, by the way.
    03/24/2004 04:45:53 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

  • My complete self-absorption is the one thing I would need if I was stranded on a desert island. ME, myself, and I would have an awesome time.
    03/24/2004 05:11:21 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

  • The life of a commuter can do that to a person. I'm so hardened to freeway disaster it scares me.

    Talk to you after Austin!
    03/24/2004 05:31:24 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

  • Have fun! Ride a cowboy for me. Or rather, not for me, or at least pretend it's a cowgirl when you're riding him if you decide on actually riding him for me. Unless you want to play out some kind of Steve riding a cowboy scenario in your head, which I don't really agree with, but hey, it's your head, do what you want with it. I think. You know what I mean. Okay, bye!
    03/24/2004 05:54:13 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home